Google Results

Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Day of Reflection


(photo credit: Thrifty Decor Chick)

This week has been one of reflection for many around the country. For me, it's been two things in particular on my mind. First, it's suicide prevention week. I've lost two dear family members to suicide and still, years later, my heart breaks. My heart breaks for their heartbreak, and it breaks from my own. If you are in Utah and able to attend, the suicide prevention walk is being held today.

Of course the other reason I've been reflecting this week has been for the events of 9/11. And again my heart breaks. I read this post yesterday and cried. I cried for the tragedy, I cried for the families, I cried for a nation full of terror and fear in the days and weeks that followed.

But in both of these circumstances there is hope. As many of us think about the events of 9/11 today, may we never forget the lives lost. May we never forget the tragedy. May we always remember the heroes: the every day man and woman, the firefighters, and the families that had to deal with questions we might never comprehend. May we always embrace the hope and not the anger that came out of such a tragedy, and may we ...learn our lesson to make peace with differences that can so easily rip a nation and families apart. Instead, let us emit tolerance and love in hopes of understanding. God bless us all.



1 comment:

Katie said...

I read that post yesterday too - I was surprised at how much it got to me. I'd love to go to the memorial at ground zero someday.