Google Results

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Things I love...

There are many forms of love, and since this is the month of love, I thought I'd document and share with you some of the best things I love.
I love Davis, my little scientist, because he's methodical, quirky and smart. He learned to write his name a year ago. He decided he was tired of writing his name and took a year off--he literally refused to do it! But, I thought he could try again, so we sat down with a paper and pencil. I wrote his name on top, drew the lines out and asked him to copy his name down on the lines. He did a great job and I was SO pleased. But he wasn't. So he erased it.
And thought about what he needed to do to make it better.
And tried again,

then shouted "YES!" when he'd finished.

I love that he's learning to try again when something is hard, or when you make mistakes. It's a big lesson that everyone has to learn at some point in life, and I love that he takes his life lessons to heart already.



3 comments:

Alexa said...

This is seriously my favorite post you've ever posted, and that's really saying something because I LOVE your posts! So much expression and concentration!

Joanna said...

Thank you so much Alexa! That's so sweet:)

Cami said...

Joanna, this post was AMAZING!! I love how you caught all the little moments in your pictures, I'd have to say this is my favorite post as well!!