Google Results

Monday, May 31, 2010

God Bless the USA



I grew up looking at this portrait of my Grandfather, sitting on my Dad's desk. It was so amazing to see him so young and to see my own father's features in this younger version of my grandfather. When I was in 6th grade, we had to do a research paper on someone in our family. My grandfather had been prompted to write his own autobiography, and I had the neat opportunity to read through it and learn more about his life in serving our country. His stories touched me and some have stayed with me, and I am so grateful for the service he, and so many others (including other family members of mine) have given to our country. Today let our hearts be filled with gratitude for the service men (and women) both past and present, whose hearts are braver than our own.

No comments: