Google Results

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Year


No! I haven't dropped off the face of the planet :) I enjoyed my December without the rush of orders. The holidays were magic and we enjoyed our time together as a family. I hope each of you had wonderful holidays with your friends and family as well!

With a new baby on the way, I also took time to evaluate what I need to do to be more organized in all areas of my life (it seems like since I've had the last two children and started staying home with them, that life has turned to chaos most of the time--I was getting weary just thinking about adding one more to the mix!). I'm still figuring it out, but my sweet husband suggested reading a book he read in his Master's program called The Goal: The Process of Ongoing Improvement by Goldratt and Cox. So I did. I couldn't put it down. It logically works through the thought process of identifying the parts of our personal or business lives that start to pile up and cause problems and chaos everywhere else. I highly recommend it to anyone that reads this blog. Especially since many of you are starting to work on New Year's resolutions, it could be insightful and help you to be more successful in whatever area of your own life that needs a bit of restructuring or added attention.

I will be closed in June and July this year, so make sure to contact me for spring pictures in the coming weeks! I'll have some fun contests and specials this year so stay tuned!!

3 comments:

Cami said...

That sounds like a good book, I want to hear more about it sometime soon when I talk to you again. I've been wanting to go out and do more pictures with you lately, if you want to! And I need to schedule a session with Miles for his 2nd birthday!!

Alexa said...

Hmmm, interesting-sounding book! You should put a post about it up on P&P! I'll have to see if I can get it from our library. Thanks for inspiring me once again, Joanna!

Amanda Bishop said...

Good for you Joanna, how are you feeling? Did you still want to go with us to the WPPI tradeshow in FEB (15-18)??? Let me know